Stage of Clean-up: Construction Completed
The Chevron Chemical Co. Inc. (Ortho Division) site is locat ed in Orlando, Orange County, Florida. The site covers approxima tely 4.39 acres in an industrial area at 3100 Orange Blossom Trai l. As a result of an EPA removal action, all concrete, buildings , and the water tower have been removed. The Chevron Chemical Co. operated a chemical blending facili ty for pesticides and other crop sprays between 1950 and 1976. the facility formulated a variety of liquid and powdered pesticide s, citric sprays, and nutritional sprays. Chemicals used in pest icide formulation included XYLENE, kerosene, mineral OIL, and aro matic NAPHTHA. A few of the pesticides formulated in large volum es consisted of CHLORDANE, LINDANE, DIELDRIN, and ALDRIN. Prior to 1970, two unlined rinsate ponds onsite were used fo r the collection and disposal of pesticide formulating rinse wate r, barrel rinse water, and storm water. More...